Eddie Smith

Internationally known speaker, best selling Christian author, consultant and mentor, his specialty is coaching writers. Itinerant evangelist 16 yrs; pastor 14 yrs; international prayer leader 16 yrs; including “ghostwriting,” Eddie’s written too many books to mention. His and Alice's books are at: www.PrayerBookstore.com Their FREE 52-week School of Prayer is at: www.TeachMeToPray.com Postings here are by inspiration, not perspiration. Feel free to check back from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

An internationally-known Christian speaker, best selling author, business and ministry marketing consultant, and life coach.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Two Memorable Minutes

By Eddie Smith

Last week I was privileged to meet Dr. Robert Schuller, of Crystal Cathedral fame backstage at the RCA Dome, home of the Indianapolis Colts. He had just spoken to thousands of business people at a large business seminar. Eighty-one-year-old Dr. Schuller is still brilliant.

Perhaps partly because my own eighty-eight-year-old father, who was a minister, died about this time last year, I wanted to see and hear Dr. Schuller. Suddenly, to my surprise I realized that he was about to walk by me.

I wondered how I might bless him without being an annoyance, or obliging him to chat with me, a total stranger, when suddenly he stopped, turned to me, extended his hand with a smile, and our eyes locked.

Nervously I said, "Dr. Schuller, you are a national treasure." He paused momentarily, leaned toward me only inches from my face, gently poked my chest with his index finger, and in little more than a whisper as if it were our little secret, he said, "And so are you, my friend." With a smile he turned and walked away.

A few steps later he stopped his assistant, turned and pushed back through the adoring crowd and returned to me. As if there was yet more to "our little secret" he cupped his hand over his mouth, smiled and spoke with a wink, "You know it takes one to know one." With that, he gave me a fatherly pat on the shoulder and walked on.

...Unforgettable!
--------------------------------------------------------------
By Eddie Smith, who along with his wife Alice invite you to join more than 6,000 students from more than 80 nations who are currently enrolled in their free 52 week school of prayer at: www.TeachMeToPray.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home